Welcome toShepHerd Public Schools
Through a safe and caring learning environment Shepherd Public Schools is committed to preparing our students for success in a changing world. Student learning is our top priority. It is our responsibility to ensure each student reaches his or her fullest potential.
Bluejay Update Season 1
The attached letter went home in SES Friday Folders today as well as a PowerAnnouncement going out at 4:00 pm to all parents. Please know that this is devastating for the children involved and this could happen to any family. Bed Bugs issues are becoming more prevalent in every state and are very difficult to eradicate. Please Click to View Whole Message
School of Choice
Schools of Choice Steps:
1) Contact Holly Moeggenberg at Central Office to pick up an application. 258 W. Wright Ave. 989-828-5520
2) If a student is new to the district, the parent must set up a meeting with the building principal or representative
3) Return application to Central Office even though it says to mail back to the RESD office.
Shepherd Public Schools will not provide transportation. Shepherd Public Schools reserves the right to decline admission to students who have been suspended or expelled from another school district. Agreements for special education students who reside outside the GIRESD must be obtained prior to attending Shepherd Public Schools.
How the decision is made to cancel or delay school, please see below the procedures followed.
- Steve Sura, Transportation Director, is up at 4:00 am to check the weather and possible issues for the day.
- If there is a possibility we need to cancel or delay:
- The process begins with people checking roads around the district.
- Steve talks to other transportation directors, road commission, and law enforcement.
- Superintendent talks to other area Superintendents.
- Decision is based on current conditions and predicted conditions.
- Conditions include snowfall amounts, visibility (fog or blowing snow), drifted roads, icy roads, and temperature*.
- If the actual temperature or wind chill is below -20 we cancel.
-Temperature is taken into consideration because of frostbite potential of students waiting for buses and walking to school.
- Student safety is always first and foremost in my mind. It is one of the toughest decisions to make as a superintendent.
In the event that you are having difficulty accessing information on our website relating to District programs, services or activities, please contact Jason R Davis e-mail or at 989-828-5998.
Annual Education Reports
|Education Report Cover Letters||Education Reports|
|Shepherd Public Schools District Report
Shepherd Elementary Report
Winn Elementary Report
Shepherd Middle School Report
Shepherd High School Report
Odyssey Middle/High School Report