Welcome toShepHerd Public Schools
Through a safe and caring learning environment Shepherd Public Schools is committed to preparing our students for success in a changing world. Student learning is our top priority. It is our responsibility to ensure each student reaches his or her fullest potential.
Bluejay Update Season 1
Bluejay Update - Select Read Full Article to watch or listen to the Video for Episode 3.
Bluejay Update - Select Read Full Article to watch or listen to the Video for Episode 2.
Bluejay Update - Select Read Full Article to watch or listen to the Video for Episode 1.
- Transportation Director, is up at 4:00 am to check the weather and possible issues for the day.
- If there is a possibility we need to cancel or delay, the process begins with people checking roads around the district.
- Transportation Director talks to other transportation directors, road commission, and law enforcement.
- Superintendent talks to other area Superintendents.
- Decision is based on current conditions and predicted conditions.
- Conditions include snowfall amounts, visibility (fog or blowing snow), drifted roads, icy roads, and temperature*.
- If the actual temperature or wind chill is below -25 we cancel. We consider canceling at -20 depending on the forecast.
Temperature is taken into consideration because of frostbite potential of students waiting for buses and walking to school. Student safety is always first and foremost in my mind. It is one of the toughest decisions to make as a superintendent.
In the event that you are having difficulty accessing information on our website relating to District programs, services or activities, please contact Jason R Davis e-mail or at 989-828-5998.
Annual Education Reports
|Education Report Cover Letters||Education Reports|
|Shepherd Public Schools District
Shepherd Middle School
Shepherd High School
Odyssey Middle/High School