Business Professionals Of America
Advisors: Mrs. Bellinger/Mrs. Antcliff
- Purpose: To provide students the opportunity for the development of leadership skills, personal and professional growth, and career-related competencies.
- Participation Requirements: Grade level 9-12, Must be enrolled in a business class, Membership dues
- Major Activities: Fall Leadership Conference for Officers - Oct., Regional Competition - late Jan. (Sat.), State Competition - early March (Thurs.-Sun.), National Competition - late April, Fundraising Activities
- Portfolio Documentation: Chapter Certificates and any Regional, State or National Certificates
Advisor: Mr. Meyer
- Purpose: Increase team-building skills, choral skills, advances music skills, job preparation, and interview skills.
- Participation Requirements: Spring auditions (before registration), Grade level 9-12, Performance activities outside of class and weekends required
- Major Activities: Fundraiser (beginning in October), Public concerts throughout school year, High School Graduation
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate, Section Leaders, Most Outstanding
Language Arts Team
Advisor: Mrs. Grim
- Purpose: To practice writing skills in a competitive environment.
- Participation Requirements: Anyone is welcome to join; a proficiency in writing is preferred Must attend practice sessions
- Major Activities: Three Competitions in the fall, two of which are during school hours
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate; Possibility of Earning League Honors
Quiz Bowl Team
Advisor: Mr. Austin
- Purpose: To promote academic competition in CSAA Quiz Bowl.
- Participation Requirements: J. V. - Freshman and Sophomores,Varsity - Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors
- Major Activities: J. V. - 7 CSAA Matches, Varsity - 14 CSAA Matches, Varsity - 7 GIRESD Matches
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate for conference honors, Certificate for varsity participation
Advisors: Mrs. Bellinger
- Purpose: To promote computer competency and enjoyment.
- Participation Requirements: Grade level 9-12, An interest and/or competency in Databases, Programming, Spreadsheets, Multimedia, Desktop Publishing
- Major Activities: CSAA competition in April, Intense practice begins during second semester, Practice suggested all year long
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate, Possibility of Earning League Honors
Advisor: Amber Yeagley
- Purpose: To provide students (especially those enrolled in art classes) the chance to pursue enrichment normally not offered during the school day.
- Participation Requirements: Grade Level 9-12, Regular monthly meetings, Must be passing classes
- Major Activities: Fall - Trip to museum, Several visits to art sites in the county, Workshops after school, Providing Creative Assistance to Local Businesses
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate
Advisors for 2018: Julie Prout & Pam Harnish
Advisors for 2019: Michael Willet & Michael Halliwill
Advisors for 2020: Lisa Travis & Julie Sickles
Advisors for 2021: Undetermined at this time
- Purpose: To give interested students a chance to help make decisions regarding their class.
- Participation Requirements: Obtain a ballot and run for office - President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Class Representative, Elected by fellow classmates, Duties vary from year to year
- Major Activities: Freshman: Fall and Winter Concessions, Fund Raising, Homecoming Activities Sophomore: Fall and Winter Concessions, Fund Raising, Homecoming Activities Junior: Fall and Winter Concessions, Fund Raising, Homecoming Activities, Prom, Senior Banquet, Graduation Ceremony Senior: Fall and Winter Concessions, Homecoming Activities, Seniorama, Graduation
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate for participation and pin
Advisor: Mrs. McLoughlin
- Purpose: To Provide H.S. students the opportunity to learn about and participate in all aspects of the theatre as well as fine tune their appreciation of the other fine arts disciplines.
- Participation Requirements: Thursday meetings, Grade level 9-12, Dues $1.00, Executive Board: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, two Historians
- Major Activities: Monthly club activities, Play presentation each semester Spring Banquet, Middle Sch. and Elem. Fine Art Prog., Tech Crew Supports Syrup Festival Pageant/Talent Show
- Portfolio Documentation: Letter of Participation, Pin, Star Year
INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY CLUB
Advisor: Owen Russell
- Purpose: To provide students with mechanical skills & interest in industry an organization that meets their abilities.
- Participation Requirements: No dues, Grade level 9-12
- Attendance requirements: Attend meetings during homeroom and attend field trips, Serve on an Activity Committee
- Major Activities: Fall & Spring Field Trip to Industrial Setting, A "Fun" Trip in the Spring, Community support activities, Fundraiser to support Scholarship & Activities, Scholarship Search Committee
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate for Participation
- Purpose: To encourage school spirit and pride through activities; such as hosting pep assemblies and creating spirit signs and posters.
- Participation Requirements: Grade level 9-12 $1.00 dues, Committee chair people and board members are elected, Attendance at meetings is mandatory to maintain membership
- Major Activities: Homecoming Snake Dance and Bonfire - Oct., Signs and Posters - Weekly, Pep Assemblies and Other Spirit Activities
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate of Participation
Advisor: Rick Cahoon
- Purpose: To promote the general interest and welfare of the Shepherd High School science program through the cooperative efforts of the students and faculty.
- Participation Requirements: Members must have passed Freshman Science Course, Membership open to Sophomores through Seniors, Must be taking or have passed Sophomore Science Course
- Major Activities: Concession Stands for Freshman Football Games, Recycling for High School Classrooms, Biology Committee's annual spring trip to N. Michigan, Publication Committee publishes Club Newsletter, Sponsors Science Honor Society
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate, Pin
Advisor: Ms. Chaney and Ms. Nartker
- Purpose: To Promote the general interests and welfare of SHS through the cooperative efforts of faculty and students.
- Participation Requirements: Five representatives, Elected by each class, Officers elected by student body, Less than three absences (at meetings), Must be a good students "C" Average, Must have satisfactory citizenship
- Major Activities: Homecoming - Oct., Christmas Project - Dec., Pride Week - Feb./March, Blood Drive - May, Many, Many, Minor Activities
- Portfolio Documentation: Certificate
STUDENT IMPROVEMENT TEAM
Advisor: Danielle Marsh
- Purpose: To develop activities and awareness to both improve the "atmosphere" of the school and promote the importance of community involvement.
- Participation Requirements: Second semester freshman through seniors are welcome to help improve the school and the community
- Major Activities: Make a Difference Day - Fall, Thanksgiving Cards for Elderly, Penny Pile-Up - December, Valentines for Vets & Valentines for Elderly - February, Have a Heart - February, Pot of Gold Food Drive - March, Helping with Maple Syrup Festival - April, Mentoring/Tutoring - All Year, Other Activities (Cancer Walk, Volunteering at CMCH), Oscars Night
- Portfolio Documentation: Award, Certificate