Odyssey Middle/High School
An environmental and experiential learning community,is to prepare individuals for life-long success by:
Promoting responsible thinking
Providing a student centered educational experience
Odyssey is now Enrolling!!!
Please contact the office to schedule an appointment or with any questions.
Dates to remember:
August 29th, 2016: Start of the 2016-2017 School Year
September 2nd, 2016: No School
September 5th, 2016: No School (Labor Day)
Substitute Teacher Information:
Below are the procedures followed for school cancellations and delays:
- Transportation Director, is up at 4:00 am to check the weather and possible issues for the day.
- If there is a possibility we need to cancel or delay, the process begins with people checking roads around the district.
- Transportation Director talks to other transportation directors, road commission, and law enforcement.
- Superintendent talks to other area Superintendents.
- Decision is based on current conditions and predicted conditions.
- Conditions include snowfall amounts, visibility (fog or blowing snow), drifted roads, icy roads, and temperature*.
- If the actual temperature or wind chill is below -25 we cancel. We consider canceling at -20 depending on the forecast.
Temperature is taken into consideration because of frostbite potential of students waiting for buses and walking to school. Student safety is always first and foremost in my mind. It is one of the toughest decisions to make as a superintendent.